Hourly Positions: Cashier, Line Cook, Supervisor
Starbird Chicken is looking for upbeat, friendly individuals to join our team! We’re a modern, Bay Area-born concept serving Positively Delicious Chicken in a vibrant environment. We create food people can feel good about eating — fresh, scratch-made food made with trustworthy, quality ingredients served by a passionate team member: you!
Starbird has quickly grown from our original location in Sunnyvale to nine Bay Area locations, including Foster City, San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Campbell, Walnut Creek, Levi’s Stadium and the San Francisco International Airport. Our company is growing fast, and we are looking for hospitable, enthusiastic people to join our movement.
We pride ourselves on speedy service, but this isn’t your average fast food joint. We’ve been named a Hot Concept by Nation’s Restaurant News in 2017 and a Top Mover & Shaker by FastCasual.com in 2018. We’ve also won many design awards for our spaces.
Why Work at Starbird?
Our employees are the lifeblood of our organization. We hand select the most positive employees we can to become a part of the Starbird family and make sure that each person is given the training and tools to be an impactful member of our team. We believe in promoting from within our organization and helping our employees to build their skills. We believe in creating a culture that is upbeat, encouraging and, most importantly, fun. No restaurant experience required! If you love food and hospitality, we’ll teach you everything you need to know. Whether you’re looking for your first job or a career, we want to give you the support you need to succeed.
What We Are Looking For:
- You’re a people person, a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- You love great food and the instant gratification & challenges of the restaurant industry
- You have a strong desire to be hands-on.
- You are a high-performer, energetic, outgoing and considerate.
- You care about showing up to work on time.
- You show a sense of urgency to achieve tasks quickly and efficiently.
- You understand what good hospitality feels like, and how to create great guest experiences.
Job Benefits Include:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Tons of free food — our crispy chicken is positively addictive!
- In-house training and development
- Advancement opportunities with a rapidly growing brand
- Best-in-class benefits for those who qualify
Starbird Chicken is a modern, Bay Area-born concept serving Positively Delicious Chicken in a vibrant environment. We create food people can feel good about eating — fresh, scratch-made, using trustworthy, quality ingredients and served by passionate team members.
Starbird is one of few restaurant concepts ever to offer a modern Omni-channel approach to the restaurant business. We have quickly grown from our original streetside location in Sunnyvale to six Bay Area locations, including two other high volume streetside locations in Foster City and San Jose. Our other outposts include, Levi’s Stadium, and a licensed operation at the San Francisco International Airport. Our latest growth vehicle is our catering, delivery and pick-up only “Virtual Kitchen” that we operate in San Francisco California. Starbird plans to double the size of the company in the next 18 months with a growth strategy including more street side, licensed and Virtual Kitchens.
We’re looking for a General Manager with at least 5 years of restaurant experience with a minimum of 2 years as a restaurant manager. This position will first oversee a new restaurant opening this year in the Bay Area. This individual will have the opportunity to help grow Starbird as we continue to expand, with huge potential for additional growth within our organization.
Why Work at Starbird?
Our employees are the lifeblood of our organization. We hand select the most positive employees we can to become a part of the Starbird family and make sure that each person is given the training and tools to be an impactful member of our team. We believe in promoting from within our organization and helping our employees to build their skills. We believe in creating a culture that is upbeat, encouraging and, most importantly, fun.
What We Are Looking For:
· Ability to work fast, multitask, stay organized and always focus on the needs of the business.
· Self-motivated with effective leadership set.
· Energetic, outgoing and hospitable personality.
· Punctual, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
· Good verbal and written communication, as well as strong listening and interpersonal skills.
· Love of great food and the instant gratification & challenges of the restaurant industry
· Ability to effectively train, mentor and manage hourly team members
· Openness to being coached/mentored
· Ability to identify business priorities and set goals
· Must be able to travel back and forth to locations as needed
Schedule, Location and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position with a 45-50 hour expected work week. This role will be based in San Francisco and will also support our upcoming next catering/delivery only location. Managers do not have a set schedule and are required to work as needed to support the business, including evenings and weekends as the business requires. Job benefits include competitive salary and subsidized benefits (health/dental/vision).
Interested in joining Starbird? APPLY NOW!
Starbird is the nation’s first super premium fast food concept. Our first restaurant opened in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, CA and we have since opened restaurants in San Jose, Santa Clara,Foster City, SFO, San Francisco, Campbell, Oakland and Walnut Creek. In addition to our brick and mortar restaurants, we have four virtual brands:Starbird Wings, Starbird Salads, Starbird Bowls and, our newest vegetarian concept, Gardenbird.
At Starbird, we begin with quality, trustworthy ingredients and real scratch cooking, taking antibiotic-free chicken raised in our Bay Area backyard and hand-breading it in our secret blend of gluten-free flour and spices. Our Crispy Chicken is never treated with antibiotics, never frozen and always individually hand breaded in our secret blend of gluten free flour and spices. Positively delicious chicken, wings, salads, bowls, plant-based protein and much more.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for a creative and multitalented intern to join our team. Starbird’s Marketing Intern will be integral in helping us to grow Starbird’s marketing efforts and persona in the community. We are looking for someone who is not afraid to jump right in and get their hands dirty, who loves learning on the job and isn’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
As the Marketing Intern you will:
• Assume the role of Starbird’s brand ambassador via direct engagement with customers, community outreach and greater interaction with digital followers, on social media and review platforms.
• Create daily video and photo footage for Starbird and Starbird Wings Instagram, Facebook and TikTok. This includes guest engagement, back of house food preparation, service, events and more.
• Help cultivate the Starbird brands’ social media presence and followership via direct communication and ongoing conversations with local bloggers, social media influencers and followers.
• Study and follow other brands to gain inspiration for Starbird and how we can have a greater impact on social media (campaigns / posts / engagements / etc.)
• Support Marketing Team with activating and managing loyalty marketing efforts, particularly via the Starbird app and Starbird’s mailing list.
• Support the Marketing Team with Starbird’s content marketing efforts (including, but not limited to, copywriting, press releases and email blasts).
• You’re a content creation master! You stay up to date on the latest trends, newest features and continue to educate yourself on best practices. You’re on all social media platforms and having a thriving personal fanbase.
• You have experience with graphic design and the Adobe Suite. Experience with Canva and Unfold a plus.
• You have a positive attitude, are easy-going and you have a sense of humor.
• You are restaurant person, have a strong interest in food and food trends, and (ideally) have experience working in or with restaurants.
• You are detail and process-oriented and enjoy working through the details but never lose sight of the big picture.
• You have a professional interest inHospitality, Marketing / Communications, Social Media and / or Design. A Bachelor’sDegree in a related field is a plus, but not a requirement.
• You have photography and videography experience and an interest in food photography.
• You have a writing background and have a passion for creating dynamic content.
• You’ve planned events and have enjoyed the process and challenge of it.
The important details:
• This is a paid internship.
• We expect you to work approximately 20-30 hours per week, with time divided between our restaurants and working from home.
• You must have access to reliable transportation, a laptop and smart phone.
• You are available to commit to six months, starting May 2021.
• Please send your resume, cover letter and three relevant references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Marketing Intern Applicant” along with your name in the subject. Please also include [if applicable] links/handles to your social media platforms.