Hourly Positions: Cashier, Line Cook, Fryer, Expo, Prep, Supervisor
Starbird Chicken is looking for upbeat, friendly individuals to join our team! We’re a modern, Bay Area-born concept serving Positively Delicious Chicken in a vibrant environment. We create food people can feel good about eating — fresh, scratch-made food made with trustworthy, quality ingredients served by a passionate team member: you!
Starbird has quickly grown from our original location in Sunnyvale to five Bay Area locations, including Foster City, San Jose, Levi’s Stadium and the San Francisco International Airport. Our company is growing fast, and we are looking for hospitable, enthusiastic people to join our movement.
We pride ourselves on speedy service, but this isn’t your average fast food joint. We’ve been named a Hot Concept by Nation’s Restaurant News in 2017 and a Top Mover & Shaker by FastCasual.com in 2018. We’ve also won many design awards for our spaces.
Why Work at Starbird?
Our employees are the lifeblood of our organization. We hand select the most positive employees we can to become a part of the Starbird family and make sure that each person is given the training and tools to be an impactful member of our team. We believe in promoting from within our organization and helping our employees to build their skills. We believe in creating a culture that is upbeat, encouraging and, most importantly, fun. No restaurant experience required! If you love food and hospitality, we’ll teach you everything you need to know. Whether you’re looking for your first job or a career, we want to give you the support you need to succeed.
What We Are Looking For:
- You’re a people person, a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- You love great food and the instant gratification & challenges of the restaurant industry
- You have a strong desire to be hands-on.
- You are a high-performer, energetic, outgoing and considerate.
- You care about showing up to work on time.
- You show a sense of urgency to achieve tasks quickly and efficiently.
- You understand what good hospitality feels like, and how to create great guest experiences.
Job Benefits Include:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Tons of free food — our crispy chicken is positively addictive!
- In-house training and development
- Advancement opportunities with a rapidly growing brand
- Best-in-class benefits for those who qualify
Human Resources Generalist
Supervisor: Operating Partner
Please send resume to email@example.com
Starbird Chicken is a modern, Bay Area-born concept serving Positively Delicious Chickenin a vibrant environment. We create food people can feel good about eating — fresh, scratch-made food made with trustworthy, quality ingredients served by passionate team members.
Starbird is one of few restaurant concepts ever to launch with a full technology platform, including a proprietary mobile app and website with online ordering. We have quickly grown from our original location in Sunnyvale to five Bay Area locations, including Foster City, San Jose, Levi’s Stadium and the San Francisco International Airport.
Why Work at Starbird?
Our employees are the lifeblood of our organization. We hand select the most positive employees we can to become a part of the Starbird family and make sure that each person is given the training and tools to be an impactful member of our team. We believe in promoting from within our organization and helping our employees to build their skills. We believe in creating a culture that is upbeat, encouraging and, most importantly, fun.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Operating Partner in supporting the restaurants and our cloud location. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee file administration, payroll, recruiting, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, terminations, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
● HR Administration:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures
- Leads the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Participates in developing HR processes and employee programs
- Maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Supports Operating Partner and General Managers on employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviews
- Maintains human resource information system, as well as all employee and relevant company files
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
● Payroll and Compensation:
- Manages payroll for all of our locations, and works closely with General Managers and the Operating Partner to ensure that hours worked get recorded accurately, employees are paid correctly and on time and the business is compliant with relevant tax rules and other laws
- Administers the compensation program, ensuring salary changes are competitive as well as compliant
● Employee Development:
- Leads Starbird’s Annual Review program, working alongside managers to facilitate the process
- Manages career pathing and development for employees and works alongside Operating Partner to ensure a comprehensive and scalable model for career growth
● Benefits Administration:
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees
- Conducts recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees
- Designs and implements the overall recruiting strategy
- In charge of managing job posts and talent acquisition resources for sourcing candidates
- Conducts interviews and filters candidates for open salaried positions
- Supports General Managers in their hourly employee’s hiring process
- Will work closely with CEO and Operating Partner on workforce planning
- Some experience working in a restaurant atmosphere
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Positive attitude
- Attention to details
- Proven HR experience
- Relationship management, discretion and judgment
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in both a professional office environment and in busy restaurants. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are roughly Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Local travel among all of our locations is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years of HR experience
- HR certification a plus