Hourly Positions: Cashier, Line Cook, Fryer, Expo, Prep, Supervisor
Starbird Chicken is looking for upbeat, friendly individuals to join our team! We’re a modern, Bay Area-born concept serving Positively Delicious Chicken in a vibrant environment. We create food people can feel good about eating — fresh, scratch-made food made with trustworthy, quality ingredients served by a passionate team member: you!
Starbird has quickly grown from our original location in Sunnyvale to five Bay Area locations, including Foster City, San Jose, Levi’s Stadium and the San Francisco International Airport. Our company is growing fast, and we are looking for hospitable, enthusiastic people to join our movement.
We pride ourselves on speedy service, but this isn’t your average fast food joint. We’ve been named a Hot Concept by Nation’s Restaurant News in 2017 and a Top Mover & Shaker by FastCasual.com in 2018. We’ve also won many design awards for our spaces.
Why Work at Starbird?
Our employees are the lifeblood of our organization. We hand select the most positive employees we can to become a part of the Starbird family and make sure that each person is given the training and tools to be an impactful member of our team. We believe in promoting from within our organization and helping our employees to build their skills. We believe in creating a culture that is upbeat, encouraging and, most importantly, fun. No restaurant experience required! If you love food and hospitality, we’ll teach you everything you need to know. Whether you’re looking for your first job or a career, we want to give you the support you need to succeed.
What We Are Looking For:
- You’re a people person, a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- You love great food and the instant gratification & challenges of the restaurant industry
- You have a strong desire to be hands-on.
- You are a high-performer, energetic, outgoing and considerate.
- You care about showing up to work on time.
- You show a sense of urgency to achieve tasks quickly and efficiently.
- You understand what good hospitality feels like, and how to create great guest experiences.
Job Benefits Include:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Tons of free food — our crispy chicken is positively addictive!
- In-house training and development
- Advancement opportunities with a rapidly growing brand
- Best-in-class benefits for those who qualify
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starbird Chicken is a modern, Bay Area-born concept serving Positively Delicious Chickenin a vibrant environment. We create food people can feel good about eating — fresh, scratch-made food made with trustworthy, quality ingredients served by passionate team members.
Starbird is one of few restaurant concepts ever to launch with a full technology platform, including a proprietary mobile app and website with online ordering. We have quickly grown from our original location in Sunnyvaleto five Bay Area locations, including Foster City, San Jose, Levi’s Stadiumand the San Francisco International Airport.
We’re looking for a General Manager with at least 2 years of experience. This position Will oversee one of our restaurants on the peninsula. This individual will have the opportunity to help grow Starbird as we continue to expand, with huge potential for growth within our organization.
Why Work at Starbird?
Our employees are the lifeblood of our organization. We hand select the most positive employees we can to become a part of the Starbird family and make sure that each person is given the training and tools to be an impactful member of our team. We believe in promoting from within our organization and helping our employees to build their skills. We believe in creating a culture that is upbeat, encouraging and, most importantly, fun.
What We Are Looking For:
- Ability to work fast, multitask, stay organized and always focus on the guest.
- Self-motivated with effective leadership set.
- Energetic, outgoing and hospitable personality.
- Punctual, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Good verbal and written communication, as well as strong listening and interpersonal skills.
- Love of great food and the instant gratification & challenges of the restaurant industry
- Ability to effectively train, mentor and manage hourly team members
- Openness to being coached/mentored
- Ability to identify business priorities and set goals
Schedule, Location and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position with a 45-50 hour expected work week. This role will be based in one of our peninsula locations. Managers do not have a set schedule and are required to work as needed to support the business, including evenings and weekends as the business requires. Job benefits include competitive salary and full benefits (health/dental/vision).
PAID SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN POSITION SUMMARY
We are looking for a creative and multitalented social media whiz to join our team! Starbird’s Social Media Intern will be integral in helping us to grow Starbird’s marketing efforts and persona in the community. We have a lot of exciting ideas in the pipeline and are looking for someone who is not afraid to jump right in and get his/her hands dirty, who loves learning on the job, and isn’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
Starbird is the nation’s first super premium fast food concept. Our first restaurant opened in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, CA in June 2016. Since then, we have opened new Bay Area locations in San Jose and Foster City as well as in Levi’s Stadium, home of the San Francisco 49ERs. Additionally, we are excited to announce our upcoming newest location opening in the San Francisco International Airport (SFO) later this year!
Starbird reimagines fast food to meet the needs of a new America, keeping the good parts and fixing the bad ingredients, tastes and experiences. The star of Starbird’s menu is our “positively delicious chicken” that’s hand cut, hand battered in our signature gluten free batter, and small batch fried, and highlighted in sandwich, salad, taco and tender box form. We also bake our own bread and make all of our sauces and spreads from scratch.
As the Social Media Intern you will:
• Assume the role of Starbird’s brand ambassador via direct engagement with customers, community outreach and greater interaction with digital followers
• Create daily video and photo footage for Starbird’s Instagram stories. This includes guest engagement, back of house food preparation, service, Levi’s Stadium events and more
• Assist manage Starbird’s social media presence including Instagram feed, Facebook page, Snapchat, Yelp page and ongoing conversations with local bloggers and social media influencers
• Activate Starbird’s presence in the Sunnyvale, San Jose and Foster City and surrounding communities by hosting weekly Instagram collabs and tastings in our restaurants
• Support Starbird’s Marketing Lead with activating and managing loyalty marketing efforts, particularly via the Starbird app and Starbird’s mailing list
• Support the marketing team with Starbird’s content marketing efforts, including copywriting and press releases
• People like you. You are inspirational, interesting, easy-going and you have a sense of humor
• You [ideally] are a restaurant person and have experience working in or with restaurants
• You have a strong understanding of Social Media and consider yourself an expert
• Design, aesthetics, creativity and food are important to you
• You are detail- and process-oriented, and enjoy working through the details but never lose sight of the big picture
• You have (or are currently pursuing) a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
• You have a writing background and have a passion for creating dynamic content
• You have a solid grasp of and are actively engaged in using various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc)
• You’ve planned events and have enjoyed the process and challenge of it
The important details:
• This is a paid internship
• We expect you to work approximately 25-30 hours per week, with time divided between the restaurants in Sunnyvale, San Jose, Foster City and Levis Stadium.
• Must have access to a vehicle with proof of car insurance.
• You are available to begin working in January 2019.
• Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com include “Social Media Intern Applicant” along with your name in the subject. Please also include [if applicable] links/usernames to your Instagram, Twitter , Facebook and blog.