Hourly Positions: Cashier, Line Cook, Supervisor
Starbird Chicken is looking for upbeat, friendly individuals to join our team! We’re a modern, Bay Area-born concept serving Positively Delicious Chicken in a vibrant environment. We create food people can feel good about eating — fresh, scratch-made food made with trustworthy, quality ingredients served by a passionate team member: you!
Starbird has quickly grown from our original location in Sunnyvale to five Bay Area locations, including Foster City, San Jose, Levi’s Stadium and the San Francisco International Airport. Our company is growing fast, and we are looking for hospitable, enthusiastic people to join our movement.
We pride ourselves on speedy service, but this isn’t your average fast food joint. We’ve been named a Hot Concept by Nation’s Restaurant News in 2017 and a Top Mover & Shaker by FastCasual.com in 2018. We’ve also won many design awards for our spaces.
Why Work at Starbird?
Our employees are the lifeblood of our organization. We hand select the most positive employees we can to become a part of the Starbird family and make sure that each person is given the training and tools to be an impactful member of our team. We believe in promoting from within our organization and helping our employees to build their skills. We believe in creating a culture that is upbeat, encouraging and, most importantly, fun. No restaurant experience required! If you love food and hospitality, we’ll teach you everything you need to know. Whether you’re looking for your first job or a career, we want to give you the support you need to succeed.
What We Are Looking For:
- You’re a people person, a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- You love great food and the instant gratification & challenges of the restaurant industry
- You have a strong desire to be hands-on.
- You are a high-performer, energetic, outgoing and considerate.
- You care about showing up to work on time.
- You show a sense of urgency to achieve tasks quickly and efficiently.
- You understand what good hospitality feels like, and how to create great guest experiences.
Job Benefits Include:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Tons of free food — our crispy chicken is positively addictive!
- In-house training and development
- Advancement opportunities with a rapidly growing brand
- Best-in-class benefits for those who qualify
Virtual Kitchen General Manager
Starbird Chicken is a modern, Bay Area-born concept serving Positively Delicious Chicken in a vibrant environment. We create food people can feel good about eating — fresh, scratch-made, using trustworthy, quality ingredients and served by passionate team members.
Starbird is one of few restaurant concepts ever to offer a modern Omni-channel approach to the restaurant business. We have quickly grown from our original streetside location in Sunnyvale to six Bay Area locations, including two other high volume streetside locations in Foster City and San Jose. Our other outposts include, Levi’s Stadium, and a licensed operation at the San Francisco International Airport. Our latest growth vehicle is our catering, delivery and pick-up only “Virtual Kitchen” that we operate in San Francisco California. Starbird plans to double the size of the company in the next 18 months with a growth strategy including more street side, licensed and Virtual Kitchens.
We’re looking for a General Manager with at least 5 years of restaurant experience with a minimum of 2 years as a restaurant manager. This position will first oversee our San Francisco location and be responsible for managing our Virtual Kitchen growth in the Bay Area and beyond. This individual will have the opportunity to help grow Starbird as we continue to expand, with huge potential for additional growth within our organization.
Why Work at Starbird?
Our employees are the lifeblood of our organization. We hand select the most positive employees we can to become a part of the Starbird family and make sure that each person is given the training and tools to be an impactful member of our team. We believe in promoting from within our organization and helping our employees to build their skills. We believe in creating a culture that is upbeat, encouraging and, most importantly, fun.
What We Are Looking For:
· Ability to work fast, multitask, stay organized and always focus on the needs of the business.
· Self-motivated with effective leadership set.
· Energetic, outgoing and hospitable personality.
· Punctual, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
· Good verbal and written communication, as well as strong listening and interpersonal skills.
· Love of great food and the instant gratification & challenges of the restaurant industry
· Ability to effectively train, mentor and manage hourly team members
· Openness to being coached/mentored
· Ability to identify business priorities and set goals
· Must be able to travel back and forth to locations as needed
Schedule, Location and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position with a 45-50 hour expected work week. This role will be based in San Francisco and will also support our upcoming next catering/delivery only location. Managers do not have a set schedule and are required to work as needed to support the business, including evenings and weekends as the business requires. Job benefits include competitive salary and subsidized benefits (health/dental/vision).
Interested in joining Starbird? APPLY NOW!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year Plus Bonus DOE
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
· How many years of general manager experience do you have?
· Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?