PAID SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN POSITION SUMMARY
We are looking for a creative and multitalented social media whiz to join our team! Starbird’s Social Media Intern will be integral in helping us to grow Starbird’s marketing efforts and persona in the community. We have a lot of exciting ideas in the pipeline and are looking for someone who is not afraid to jump right in and get his/her hands dirty, who loves learning on the job, and isn’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
Starbird is the nation’s first super premium fast food concept. Our first restaurant opened in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, CA in June 2016. Since then, we have opened new Bay Area locations in San Jose and Foster City as well as in Levi’s Stadium, home of the San Francisco 49ERs. Additionally, we are excited to announce our upcoming newest location opening in the San Francisco International Airport (SFO) later this year!
Starbird reimagines fast food to meet the needs of a new America, keeping the good parts and fixing the bad ingredients, tastes and experiences. The star of Starbird’s menu is our “positively delicious chicken” that’s hand cut, hand battered in our signature gluten free batter, and small batch fried, and highlighted in sandwich, salad, taco and tender box form. We also bake our own bread and make all of our sauces and spreads from scratch.
As the Social Media Intern you will:
• Assume the role of Starbird’s brand ambassador via direct engagement with customers, community outreach and greater interaction with digital followers
• Create daily video and photo footage for Starbird’s Instagram stories. This includes guest engagement, back of house food preparation, service, Levi’s Stadium events and more
• Assist manage Starbird’s social media presence including Instagram feed, Facebook page, Snapchat, Yelp page and ongoing conversations with local bloggers and social media influencers
• Activate Starbird’s presence in the Sunnyvale, San Jose and Foster City and surrounding communities by hosting weekly Instagram collabs and tastings in our restaurants
• Support Starbird’s Marketing Lead with activating and managing loyalty marketing efforts, particularly via the Starbird app and Starbird’s mailing list
• Support the marketing team with Starbird’s content marketing efforts, including copywriting and press releases
• People like you. You are inspirational, interesting, easy-going and you have a sense of humor
• You [ideally] are a restaurant person and have experience working in or with restaurants
• You have a strong understanding of Social Media and consider yourself an expert
• Design, aesthetics, creativity and food are important to you
• You are detail- and process-oriented, and enjoy working through the details but never lose sight of the big picture
• You have (or are currently pursuing) a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
• You have a writing background and have a passion for creating dynamic content
• You have a solid grasp of and are actively engaged in using various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc)
• You’ve planned events and have enjoyed the process and challenge of it
The important details:
• This is a paid internship
• We expect you to work approximately 25-30 hours per week, with time divided between the restaurants in Sunnyvale, San Jose, Foster City and Levis Stadium.
• Must have access to a vehicle with proof of car insurance.
• You are available to begin working in January 2019.
• Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org include “Social Media Intern Applicant” along with your name in the subject. Please also include [if applicable] links/usernames to your Instagram, Twitter , Facebook and blog.