Starbird Chicken is a modern, Bay Area-born concept serving Positively Delicious Chickenin a vibrant environment. We create food people can feel good about eating — fresh, scratch-made food made with trustworthy, quality ingredients served by passionate team members.
Starbird is one of few restaurant concepts ever to launch with a full technology platform, including a proprietary mobile app and website with online ordering. We have quickly grown from our original location in Sunnyvaleto five Bay Area locations, including Foster City, San Jose, Levi’s Stadiumand the San Francisco International Airport.
We’re looking for a General Manager with at least 2 years of experience. This position Will oversee one of our restaurants on the peninsula. This individual will have the opportunity to help grow Starbird as we continue to expand, with huge potential for growth within our organization.
Why Work at Starbird?
Our employees are the lifeblood of our organization. We hand select the most positive employees we can to become a part of the Starbird family and make sure that each person is given the training and tools to be an impactful member of our team. We believe in promoting from within our organization and helping our employees to build their skills. We believe in creating a culture that is upbeat, encouraging and, most importantly, fun.
What We Are Looking For:
- Ability to work fast, multitask, stay organized and always focus on the guest.
- Self-motivated with effective leadership set.
- Energetic, outgoing and hospitable personality.
- Punctual, strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Good verbal and written communication, as well as strong listening and interpersonal skills.
- Love of great food and the instant gratification & challenges of the restaurant industry
- Ability to effectively train, mentor and manage hourly team members
- Openness to being coached/mentored
- Ability to identify business priorities and set goals
Schedule, Location and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position with a 45-50 hour expected work week. This role will be based in one of our peninsula locations. Managers do not have a set schedule and are required to work as needed to support the business, including evenings and weekends as the business requires. Job benefits include competitive salary and full benefits (health/dental/vision).